Candidate Members of the ASSH must agree to these terms as detailed in the application in order to maintain Candidate Member status.
- I intend to eventually meet the qualifications for and become an Active Member of the ASSH.
- I acknowledge that conferral of Candidate membership does not imply that I will be qualified or admitted to the ASSH as an Active Member.
- I acknowledge that I may not advertise or represent myself as a “Member of the ASSH”, but may represent myself as a “Candidate Member of the ASSH.”
- I may reference ASSH Candidate membership status in published biographical materials.
- I may not use the ASSH logo on stationery or advertising (see logo and name usage policy).
- I acknowledge that ASSH Candidate Membership may be terminated if I become ineligible for the ASSH Candidate Membership category.
The Code of Ethics and Professionalism for Hand Care Professionals
has been adopted by the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH) and sets forth aspirational standards of conduct that define the essentials of honorable behavior for the Hand Care Professional.