Information regarding the submission of poster or scientific exhibit abstracts for the 2015 AAOS Annual Meeting in Las Vegas.
Submission of abstracts for presentation as a Poster or as a Scientific Exhibit at the 2015 Annual Meeting is being accepted online until June 2, 2014. The AAOS Exhibits Committee and Central Program Committee welcomes your society’s submission.
Abstract submission link: www.aaos.org/abstracts
AAOS requires that your abstract be identified as a BOS submission whether submitted as a Poster or Scientific Exhibit; therefore, please indicate the society name at the beginning of the title of the abstract. Once the online submission is complete, please forward the abstract control number by email to: Poster submissions to Scotty Rangel, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Scientific Exhibit submissions to Ken Schott, email@example.com.
The following policies must be adhered to in order to participate:
- Abstract may only be submitted once, as either a Poster or as a Scientific Exhibit.
- Both Posters and Scientific Exhibits will be displayed on Tuesday, March 24, 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM; Wednesday through Friday, March 24-27, from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM; and Saturday, March 28, from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM.
- Posters and Scientific Exhibits must not be dismantled prior to 3:30 PM on Saturday.
An author must be available from 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM, Wednesday through Friday, to answer attendees’ questions.
- Posters or Scientific Exhibits may not be a repeat of the previous year’s presentation.
- Scientific Exhibits are displayed in a 6’ x 10’ three-sided booth and must use audiovisual, interactive demonstration or some other type of enhancement in its presentation. AAOS provides a complimentary AV packaging consisting of monitor, computer, and DVD player. The Society is responsible for all other costs incurred.
- Posters are displayed on a tack board that is 4’H x 6.5’W.
Scientific Exhibit Abstract Submission
Submission of an abstract for a Scientific Exhibit presentation by a BOS society does not guarantee automatic acceptance for presentation at the AAOS 2015 Annual Meeting. All BOS Scientific Exhibit abstract submissions will be reviewed and graded by the Exhibits Committees with all other abstract submissions and will be accepted based on merit and grade.
A Scientific Exhibit may be of a laboratory or clinical nature and graphically illustrate an extended study or a complex procedure with a required minimum 2-year follow-up per patient for clinical reconstructive studies. It must make its point concisely, and use clinical or research data to support its conclusions, and may show new or modified techniques as they relate to diagnosis, surgery, complications or other phases of orthopaedic surgical problems.
Poster Exhibit Abstract Submission
Submission of an abstract for a Poster Exhibit presentation by a BOS or Allied Health society are automatically accepted given that the submission is relevant and clinical in nature.
Poster presentations are best suited for a pilot study, a unique idea, or a new procedure where all information can be displayed on a 4’ high x 6.5’ wide tackboard. Only text, graphs, photographs, and artwork are placed on the board. A poster presentation is an excellent way to provide continuing education. The compact format provides a step-by-step explanation of procedures and results of scientific research or multiple case studies. The public display of the presentation allows viewers to examine the information at their own pace.
Abstract submission deadline is June 2, 2014.
For Posters: Scottie Rangel, firstname.lastname@example.org
For Scientific Exhibits: Ken Schott, email@example.com